Tuesday, October 08, 2013

on the road

Bismillah

So I had my first practical lesson after 2 weeks of my previous theory lesson, today.
I drove Automatic cars before, so, I was a bit nervous. Haha. I really have very little idea how to play with the clutch and accelerator.

It took half an hour to learn the clutch and accelerator and breaking till you reach a full stop.

And Teach asked me, "you rasa dah ready ke, nak bawak kat jalan?"
"Boleh kot try"
"Okay, harini you bawak pergi Cheras, put on seatbelt, I nak panggil student lagi, dia harini exam dekat sana"
Puts on seatbelt.
Sambil memikirkan the amount of rules I shall be breaking. (Please refer KPP to guess :P)

Maka bermulalah perjalanan si Nenek, Teach dan seorang penumpang. Ohkay, I kinda panicked when we were about to exit the school compound.
"Serious ni, you nak I masuk jalan ni?"
"Masuk je cik, tak ada hal, kalau langgar mesti berbunyi, tekan je minyak tu"
And suddenly I had to go into alert mode. Hahaha.

My journey today, since I can't really recognise the road, can be simplified as
Jalan dalam at Shah Alam -> Highway -> Jalan dalam at Cheras.

As far as I can remember, I cannot exceed 40km/h. And I should be driving in the left most lane.
Today because I had to overtake errr.. not one but a few vehicles, I think I went up to 140km/h. I am still in a state of awe and not believing that I REALLY DID DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE DENGAN LAJUNYA TANPA RASA BERSALAH GILOSSSSS.
Needless to say, I experienced all five gears today.
And the funniest part was the tollgates. Teach has a Smart TAG so, I needn't stop fully. When I've slowed down to 20km/h on the second gear, he told me, "Okay, now you must say the magic word, Zam Zam, Alakazam".

It was funneh and the serious part of me went, in my mind "Huh? Seriouslyyyy" but my tongue acted otherwise. Lets be a good sport, shall we? So I went, "Zam zam, Alakazam!!!" dengan se-majestic boleh. Hahaha.

Cheras was damn scary. I had fun at the corners but the further in we went, the more cars there were. Tips from Teach includes "Kan ada dua kereta dekat tepi, kalau macam tu, you tengok depan, so you tak takut". Hahaha.

I had lotsa fun driving. My left leg had found its use today. Clutch is a funny funny thing. I'll definitely go for automatic gear. I don't think I'll fare well with an extra thing to think about when I work. I'll get friendly with the clutch again when I get the opportunity to dirt race. Heeeee.

On the way back from Cheras, I was to drive from the Highway onward. Till I reached home, Kota Kemuning. I think I drove for over an hour and a half today. Balik pengsan. Haha.

Disclaimer: Please don't try this at home. I fully understand my Teach's intention, to make sure I don't have too much fear, driving on the road, and to get me accustomed to really driving and not just passing my JPJ test. Survival after the lesson should after all, be everyone's priority. And I know well the dangers of high speed etc., will adjust to circumstances. InshaAllah. :D

Ya Allah, gembiranya saya hari ini. ^_^ Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.
Nora

No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...