Tuesday, September 03, 2013

God is good. all the time

Bismillah.

1. Think Well of Allah

"I am as My servant's opinion of Me"
(Bukhari)

I'm trying to clear some mess, so I shall be deriving stuffs from the original text. (Please click to read)

There was once, when I kept falling sick, and I automatically went, "tulah, buat banyak dosa lagi, kan dah dapat balasannya". And Syamee told me, it was inappropriate. It was inappropriate to think bad of Allah.

As written in the article, "Unfortunately, when we do this, we attribute human qualities to Allah (swt). We act as if Allah (swt) has some grudge against us that will heal as soon as he punishes us or rejects some of our requests."

"This thought process taught us that we did not really have hope in Him to begin with. Rather, our hope was in what we believed to be our own good deeds or abilities. Once we slip up or feel that we do not have the strength to continue, we do not think well enough of Allah (swt) that He will guide us through."

"Many people give up in the face of something SEEMINGLY IMPOSSIBLE. Sometimes, we give up on individual level: getting married, getting that job we want; sometimes it is on the global level: such as injustice in the Muslim world. The point of the struggle is to realise who is in charge. It is Allah (swt). Allah (swt) has told us that He is as His servant's think of Him. If we think well, then that is what we will find. If we do not, then that is what we will find. Your opinion should be that Allah (swt) is so Merciful that He would come to your aid."

"We DO NOT have a cruel God; our God is the MOST MERCIFUL of those who show Mercy. When we approach our tests with that frame of mind, we cannot but gain from our experience, inshaAllah."

2. Of Kifarah and Tamhee

Link to original article. (Again, do click to read)

The Quran, 3: 140-142

"Here, Allah refers the purpose of hardships as being tamhees. Tamhee is the same word use to describe a heating and purifying of gold. Without heating it up, gold is precious metal - but it's full with impurities. By performing tamhees, a process of heating, the impurities are removed from gold. This is what God also does with the believers. Through hardships, believers are purified - just like gold."

-----

To get close to someone, you got to get to know them.
This applies in the case of knowing our Lord as well I guess?

This kind of truth, does not hurt. :')

-----

Sugar cane

Somehow, Taufiq and I are fated with cleaning up the mess that comes with the sugar cane. Once was on Monday, and that, thank God, was made really easy. :D

Then today, it rained so hard that the tree (yes, it has grown so freaking tall) broke and we had to remove the mess. It was made easy as well. :D And that is saying something because, if the sugar cane is fresh, then the leaves would definitely leave splints effortlessly on whatever surface it comes into contact with. Somehow, the handling wasn't so bad.

And we had fun playing in the rain. :)

And we talked of how we do things for others, because we understand what they are like. And it doesn't matter that they can't accept us the way we are. We just decided not to be like them. We prefer happy lives, you see. :P

-----

Familiar faces

Harini jumpa a KTT fellow. He was flashing this really friendly smile as if I knew him. XD I think he mistaken me as someone else kot. My KTT days was supposed to be short and not so memorable (at least for others. I keep my wackiness to a certain group of friends). I did tons of things, some are really weird, the surau thing was ridiculous but yeah, glad we got that sorted out in the end.

How I found out he's from KTT? Well, when we wanted to get the certificate of acceptance from MMC, we had to write our details into a book. So I found out his name cause I felt bad not being able to recall a name/face. And I went back and did some stalking. HAHA. That's how I end up thinking he has mistaken me for someone else.

Owh, and I bumped into Aized, at the Shah Alam KTM. And I can't stop thinking of how Thamarai calls him "hero". Lol. If he knew, he has a kipas susah mati.

And then I thought of Prague, and how much I miss that place. :')

Love always,
Nora

No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...