Sunday, April 24, 2016

sssl

Bismillah.

We had a session yesterday, on Safe Surgery, Saves Lives. Good thing too, in that everyone (I assume, all of us managed to stay awake! Ha!) now has a general idea as to why, it is so important to have an effective communication in carrying out a procedure in the operating theater.

There was a session at the end, where we were given scenarios, to act out, by applying what was learnt during the program, and it kinda humbled me how my boss, voluntarily took up the role of a scrub nurse, as many of us were reluctant to do so (the act of instrument counts is challenging to those with zero exposure to the operating room environment). And because of that, I think I might have developed the courage to give my best shot at acting. When your boss is giving her all to master the art of swab and instrument counting, you too, have that desire to not disappoint the group, and give your best stage of being an imported neurosurgeon from India (no relation whatsoever to the living, dead and undead).

I am glad a lot of us had a good laugh. Even if I did went out of my way to do it (my character in the role play is much more famous than my real identity as of now). Tomorrow is Monday, which means, back to business. And training to become the calmest, smartest, coolest anesthesiology officer in the operating complex. (inshaAllah)

So back to smarting myself up now.
Or maybe catch up on that sleep. Hee.

Love,
Nora

No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...