Monday, September 16, 2013

pelarian manis

Bismillah









Alhamdulillah, I was granted a sweet escape. :) With Hana. Hehe. I went down memory lane, also famously known in my head as Kuantan.

Primary school. :) Majulah Assunta!

Teluk Chempedak. I used to take off one of my selipar Jepun, to let the wave carry it far, then back again. I get really nervous when it is swept away but always held on to the faith that it will return. Haha. 

This part of childhood was lovely in that, conflicts were minimal. He was busy with work and Mama was busy raising the boys. Fortunately, I was allowed to explore the world, experiencing things on my own. Where walking trips to the grocery store are filled with adventure, be it because a lizard got caught in my pants, or we came across a frog-filled puddle, or we had to care for baby birds which fell off their nest bitten by angry ants. And how we ran home after Terawikh prayers, for fear of hantu, which we argued, was invalid, because they got tied up in the month of Ramadhan. This matter of fact, did not however, prevent scraped knees and torn sarong and a very furious mother at home.

Wan Aisyah (Convent Ipoh), with the Assunta girls L-R Izzah, Farisha, Nabila, Azizi ;) Farisha has started a cafe by the name "Kula Cakes" with her special mango cheesecake which tasted absolutely amazing!!! Yeay to successful friends!

Our house was close to school and friends would drop by after class. More for the food than because we had any school related projects to finish. Not many moms were housewives, hence the house becoming a favourite spot for hungry schoolchildren.

The closing chapter was when the first promise was broken, and it was not known then, that it was the start of many more to come.

How I hated the final month.

And the years that follow.

Those years of life however, were what made me into who I am today. :)
They were necessary. So I learnt to hope from Him alone. And for that, I am grateful. :)

I hope with time, the pathological thinking and behaviour that developed from it would disappear. Still a long way to go, but lets not give up, aite? ;)

-----

Bersabar meneruskan kehidupan,
Nora

No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...