Thursday, September 05, 2013

i cannot sleep

Bismillah

I learnt why a lot of people recommend "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Well, if you're like me, and cannot fare that well with motivational books (ie, terpaksa letak setelah 30 minit membaca), then listening to this should be enough, I hope.



-----

Anthem versus Awek Chuck Taylor versus Under 18

It was a very stressful week. I needed the distraction. So I finished two books and a compilation comic. And it's actually very interesting to read a book written by authors of different genders and if I may put in my term, beliefs.

Funny how the books were both brown :P Anyway, I bought Nami's book because I thought his Tumblr was an interesting read. And seriously, Bahasa-wise, maybe I could write better. (Mama agrees on this. Hail Mama! The parent who actually make an effort to learn about her children! Woot2! Alhamdulillah!)

As for content, I thought both of them could do better. Whilst reading, I can't help feeling that they weren't actually that honest about the characters. Well, I get that it's fiction (eh yeke? macam biografi aje all those things. lol) but they're lacking the essence that would tug a reader. Some details went amiss, so you can't actually relate that well with the plot. Haha.

Hlovate's writing can be pretty much summed up as a grunge/tomboy-ish girl whose quest for God landed her into finding truth and her struggle in adapting and then, prince charming. I've always thought her books are too ideal. Doesn't stop me from being all smiley with happy endings though. I needed a distraction, remember? Haha.

Nami's book ah. Adalah membincangkan masalah anak-anak muda sekarang. Over exposure to shamelessness. Dan mengikut analisa lemah akulah, bagaimana perempuan boleh jatuh hati dekat lelaki yang pandai menjaga hati. Entah berapa banyak girlfriend entah si Hafiz tu tukar ganti dalam cerita ni. Tapi mengikut logik yang Nami bentang at the quarter end of the novel, aku terpaksa bersetuju. Watak Faizal tu pun aku setuju jugak dengan realitinya. Exactly the kind of guy I hope no woman would ever ever ever have to deal with in their marriage live.

Reality sucks. Tapi kau perlu tahu, supaya kau tak sedih sangat, supaya kau bersabar bila berurusan dengan manusia. Supaya kau tak cepat hukum orang, supaya kau dapat sedar, kepentingan untuk ajak sesiapa pun, tanpa mengira siapa mereka, untuk sama-sama lakukan kebaikan.

I honestly think his content were good, in that it speaks of reality but I hope he finds God in a way that would polish the maturity of the content. That way, when he speaks of reality, and tries to conclude it, it would benefit many party.

Like The Casual Vacancy, I shall allow my children to only read these when I think they are mature enough in that they can read with second and third thoughts. (Where every level of thought would analyse and try to pick up what the previous thought, thought wrongly) Books plant ideas in our head, and if we are not aware of how it's shaping us, it could be dangerous!

-----

Nafkah batin

Marah tidaklah didefiniskan sebagai merampus, dan menengking sahaja.
Menghempas pintu ke muka orang.
Baling kunci kereta.
Jalan macam gergasi nak runtuhkan rumah.
Senyuman sinis dan jelingan nak membunuh.
Itupun marah juga.

Gila. Itu semua gila.
Dan aku berlindung kepada Tuhan daripada perbuatan-perbuatan itu.
Please let me be a source of happiness and joy to those around me. Please let me be an agent of Your Mercy. Please.

-----

Lullaby

Tonight, it's better to not sleep.
The mind and its thoughts is a dangerous field to frolic right now.


Love and more,
Nora

No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...