Friday, March 05, 2010

learning

Salam readers :)
I was cleaning up the closet :P hehe.. nah, more like analysing some things, and people came over, some activities and celebrations came up, hence the super delay :P

Anyway, probably one of the things I discovered during the break was about improving my health :P
(Sorry for such a selfish post but if it relates to you, then know that I understand what its like :D)

-----

Having read Internal Medicine, I could pretty much relate my health conditions to many disorders. :P

As a patient, I don't think bronchospasm on exertion is that serious but having read the reasons why (pulmonary and cardiac disorders sound scary eyh?), it makes me more cautious on what I do, when I do it, for how long etc.

Like personality, disorders are also a result of nature and nurture, so I guess changing my lifestyle a bit here and there would help.

Exercise
Looking chronologically into life (childhood up to now) seems like it's when I've lived "idle" for too long that I experience terrible coughing and low FEV (result of bronchospasm) after exercise/when exposed to allergen.

Played tag last Saturday with friends, on the ice rink :P for a session of "warming up" before any real exercises.

:) It got better yesterday Alhamdulillah. Went for badminton and this time around, I was able to continue the game after 5 minutes rest~

Next week we are squash-ing :) Thanks Kirin for arranging the schedule!

Medication
I've set up alarms so as not to skip taking supplements :P.

Although the doctor didn't mention it, I know very well that it's for the older generation but yeah, some people are just a lil' weak so they have to take it :P.

I find that I needn't take it daily, minimum of twice a week and when there's something heavy to do that day (standing during autopsy for example, cause of the low blood pressure, there's tendency of pre-syncope due to hypovolumic shock).

-----

Being a patient and a medical student under one body leads to a part of me that worries and another part which is so enthusiastic on the outcome. Somewhat dangerously fun and interesting :).

I think what helped me the most out of this is to be informed of what I have, what I could do to make it better etc.

Having understand something would lead us into accepting what is right and eventually, do the right thing, InsyaAllah.

I know the anxiety of not knowing the hows, whys, whens, whats. And although knowing things would most of the time put me in fear, at least know I know what to avoid and what to do.

I pray that we would all be patient enough to help others to be well informed too! (Of just about any matter, not just medical!)

:) See ya!
Nora

4 comments:

Flo said...

Take care of yourself, Zizi! I want to hit the ice rink next week too, but I'll have to see if my parents allow...

neneknora said...

InsyaAllah (God willing), I'll do that!!! :)
o0o0o... have fun then dear and be careful (I know you are careful!)
hehe :D

dr1/6 said...

oh zipau. that's the common med student dilemma. ailed by EVERYTHING.

take good care of yourself please. i don't want you broken :(

neneknora said...

:) and so it is!

you too over there!

hope you'll find many happy things and forget bout the cow woman and practicals

sarah! smile!

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...