Tuesday, December 15, 2009

skip and smile~

It was quite a challenge to not fall asleep and be done with preparing for the test last night so I "listened" to Madagascar: Escape to Africa. I've always enjoyed King Julian's script but yesterday, Nana's (the grandmother who could wrestle) words caught my attention.

At the moment, they were going to find a place to keep safe whilst waiting for help to arrive (their jeep was hijacked by the penguins who were trying to fix a plane) and one of the tourists ask Nana whether she knows where she was going.

And joyfully, Nana turned around and answered:
"No! But I'm going with a skip in my step, and a smile on my face!" (Swinging her arms in that Yes!-I-made-it! motion)

Staying here thought me a lot about how things don't always happen the way we expect it would.
And to do and go through things with a skip in my step and a smile on my face really helps. :)

I guess things do get better when you:
- Believe that whatever you do is with the aim of pleasing Allah.
- Have hope for His Grace, have hope for Haven
- Are grateful for the basic reason that you exist :D
- Love :)

Lets keep our hearts conscious with that huh?
-----

As for hobbies go, I shall wait patiently for Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals to be in paperback. (It's SO tempting to enter a bookstore nowadays!) And I'm deeply considering Eoin Colfer's continuation of The Hitchicker's Guide to the Galaxy, "And Another Thing". HItchicker definitely was a challenging read but Eoin Colfer's one of my favourites~

Hana said she's going to bring me to a secondhand bookstore in UK when I drop by so, for the time being, lets be patient. UK trip is just a month and a half away~ Fighting Nora! Be wise spending~

-----
Till next time,
Walk with a skip in your step
And a smile on your face dear friends!
Hwaiting!

No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...