Saturday, October 17, 2009

euthanasia

Euthanasia (definition from Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary)
n. the act of taking life to relieve suffering.
In voluntary euthanasia the sufferer asks for measures to be taken to end his or her life. This may be accomplished by active steps, usually the administration of a drug, or more passively, for example, by deliberately withholding treatment.
In compulsory euthanasia society or those acting on authority give instructions to terminate the lives of individuals, such as infants, who cannot express their wishes.
In no country is compulsory euthanasia legal, but many societies exist to promote the cause of voluntary euthanasia.

-----
Simran (high school friend, partner in stand-up-comedy) unexpectedly reminded me of my duty as a medical student. That is to never stop learning. Alhamdulillah that she tagged me on her note about euthanasia or the medical dictionary on my shelf would be a tool none other then to collect dust.

And I read that a tool is only capable as its owner, and I can't be collecting nothingness in my brain. Gaaa~

So people, read up~ If you're sick of reading what we have in classes (you should at least read in twice though, before and after class), I'm sure there's no harm in reading other materials! :) Here's to every student and employers and the non-employed alikes -> READ! -benificial things that is-

Books are fun~
Books are great~

Lets sit down with a book today~
Books are fun~
Books are great~
Is it book time yet?
Or I just can't wait?
To read a book~ book~ book~ book~

Don't forget to keep the body healthy too though :P
Exercise!


No comments:

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...