Thursday, January 22, 2009

little misery much happiness

"There is nothing, Sir, too little for so little a creature as man. It is by studying little things that we attain the great art of having as little misery and as much happiness as possible."
Samuel Johnson

Lets study "the cellular and molecular basis of inheritance". Owh I have little misery reading this but lotsa misery keeping myself awake :P.

I've always thought that I'm going to hate genetics because we've been learning it since science was introduced in the education syllabus. Felt like life would turn out boring.

And then I met more books and things are going interesting (albeit there's so much of information! )
Abah will say: This is nothing much compared to knowledge yet to be discovered!

Serously it's very little; what we have now, so little that we should be able to cover more of the syllabus in any period of time... (this is a self-convincing-technique-so-that-I-would-do-more-quality-speed-reading).

With more advanced technology, I'm pretty sure my grandchildren would know more than me when the time comes for them to be learning this. (Provided the fact that I even have grandchildren that moment. Gah. W. You get the point: kids* of the future would be geniuses in our eyes! -lets not be fooled by them!)

-----
*Pn Nalini would circle the word kids in red if she reads this.
"Zizi, you're talking about baby goats?"
"Nolah teacher."
"What no LAH teacher?"
"Eyh, I meant no."

4 comments:

Alice said...

i hate dna. its soooooooo confusing. no wonder i got b in my spm. wakaka

neneknora said...

i have to agree they made DNA so confusing for SPM...

this time around, headache sebab banyak sgt info... walaupun info2 lebih senang utk difahami :D

Anonymous said...

haha..word 'lah'..even the lecturer in india sumtime use it as a joke

neneknora said...

hoho.. then we shall "melebarkan" influence "lah" in czech republic :D

but of course

Bismillah So, it has been done. A visit to the mental health practitioner. Starting therapy and new medications. Perhaps a flaw in the pl...